Monday, December 14, 2009

Exhausted, Wish I had a Wife

You may laugh, but after our son was born my husband and I joked about taking in another wife. We were so overwhelmed, we weren’t entirely joking. We talked about someone that would care for the kid while we caught up on sleep, clean up the house, cook us dinner, etc. Now that he’s four-and-a-half we don’t so much need help getting enough sleep, but I’m feeling the pinch lately of being at work full time, in a job that just started getting a little busier, wanting to have enough time to be a mom, especially since the newly non-napper needs to go to bed even earlier, having a side business with new clients, having a modest social life and personal activities, keeping the household going, and God help me now doing all the stuff that has to happen in December! I am the one who puts together the gifts for the school teachers, for the cleaning lady, needs to bake stuff for both of those, gets the decorations in and out of our “jenga”-style overstuffed decorations closet, making or buying the Christmas cards including updating addresses, thinking of, buying, and wrapping pretty much all gifts except my own, and generally taking care of most of the stuff that needs to be taken care of.

I feel exhausted just thinking about it!

Maybe it’s time to revisit that second wife idea. Any takers?

1 comment:

Snark said...

you made it through my dear! now we can get down the business of eating and drinking (and reading) together on a daily basis.