Thursday, July 28, 2011

"It All Starts Here."

That's what it says on the wall of the gym I just joined this week.  It's a fantastic gym- I'm really excited about it.  Way nicer than any gym I've belonged to in a long time, enough so that I think I will want to go there often enough to make it a habit.  I went tonight to break it in.  It was a little disheartening to realize how out of shape I am, though.  Earlier this year, I was able to run 5 miles, and it took me about an hour.  Mind you, I wasn't really in shape for that then, either, but I did it, and I didn't die.  Now?  I am walking, slowly, and not very far, and feeling super tired from it.  Tonight I did a mere 3 miles, in an hour.

Still, it's an accomplishment that I went, and that I joined in the first place.  Especially since I was horribly exhausted today at work, and for seemingly no good reason.  Slept ok last night, didn't stay up too late.  Not the wrong time in my cycle.  Too early for fall allergies.  Couldn't figure it out, but it was miserable.  All things considered, therefore, I'm pleased that I made it to the gym.  It all starts here.

No comments: