Thursday, October 2, 2008

Some Deadlines I Want to be Slim for:

This is a motivational list to supplement the 50 good reasons posted last Friday. These are particular events I feel strongly about being at a healthy, slim weight in time for! They are:
(listed chronologically)

-Sprint Distance Triathlon(s) Summer 2009- For my 30th birthday in March 2001 I went a little nutty considering I was only in mediocre shape and I ran (well, walked a lot) A 10K race in DC, having never done anything like that before. Since then, I have previously dabbled in triathlons, while still remaining mostly out-of-shape, and not at all since having the kid. I finished the two events I actually showed up for (one Sprint, one Olympic,) but pretty much last place. (I was EXACTLY last in the Reston Olympic distance, what a hoot! They were closing the course behind me.) Unfortunately, for those two I did, I've probably registered and paid for 5 or 6 others that I've not gotten ready for and didn't show up for. They're expensive, too, that's a lotta cash. My goal is to get back into shape to really enjoy and do well in triathlons again. There are a number of local Sprint Distance options to consider, particularly looking for Reston.

***-20 Year High School Reunion October 2009 (oh my GOD, isn't that something old people go to?!?!) I might actually have more people to talk to than I did at the 10-year, 'cause a big contingent of my class have been signing up on and communicating through Facebook. Funny that we're all having a little burst of yearning for our youth at the same time. :)

-Halloween 2009- Now that I have successfully revived my "family" interest in Halloween by planning a party this year, I expect to have another costume party next year, and I'd like to wear one of the more suggestive looking costumes (which is all you see that's any good in the stores, anyway.) I'd like us to do the doctor with slutty nurse combo, and/or I've also always wanted to do a dominatrix outfit. Hehehe...

-10 year Wedding Anniversary and Beach re-wedding ceremony, Spring 2010. Yes, I am now a wedding planner, I adore weddings AND the beach, and now my parents have a house fronting on the beach. Good excuse to plan another wedding, just the way I would have liked it if I didn't already like the way we did it before. :) And want to be able to look awesome in a lightweight little sundress!

**-A Vegas second honeymoon- after the wedding at the latest, or possibly sooner depending on finances. I do NOT want to go back to Vegas until I can wear the cute, tiny clothes that I've always wanted to wear, there (that would only be appropriate there!)

-Triathlon season summer 2010- I want to do a couple of Olympic Distance races this year, assuming I've done at least one Sprint the previous year. Reston for sure, in September, and hopefully one other one. There were some newer options I read about this year, plenty of time to research once I really am working out and getting into shape.

****-My 40th Birthday, March 2, 2011! (Ok, that's a very long way off, but seriously, the ONLY way I can handle that without a complete psychological meltdown is to be feeling really good about my hot self by then!) The good thing is I have PLENTY of time for that one, but yet it looms for me mentally, already, only because I feel like such an overwhelmed tired out-of-shape mess now...

So, there you have it, in print, seven different timed goals for losing weight and being healthy. Put those together with my previously listed 50 good reasons to lose 50 (now 51) pounds, and that sounds like a recipe for motivation. I know I have had a LOT of "start dates" that haven't lasted more than a day (or a few hours), but the latest is going to be Monday, October 6. I'm trying to do the prep in advance, like getting used to writing down food points again (have been sporadically and have my notebook ready) and getting myself to the gym (planning to do so this weekend with the whole family, if not sooner too.) I also have a plan for working out at lunchtime sometimes if/when I return to work full time. Must come up with a full now as-is and later full-time plan incorporating all avenues: walks, gym, home tapes, Mommy Boot Camp, Rec. Center, etc. It's going to be pretty ambitious, but I think that's the only way for me to make a big change. I've been trying to sneak up on it the "Kaizen" method of a little bit at a time, but I'm not being able to partially eat much better, I'm kind of all or nothing when it comes to food.

The last thing I have to decide is whether or not to expose myself to more outside involvement/encouragement. I started this blog partly to be able to sound off about my feelings as I roll through life, but also as a means of documenting and sharing my weight loss experience. I posted the link to my Facebook profile, but I didn't announce it or anything, so it's probably not much known, I only know of one person who has looked at it. The question is, can I benefit from the scrutiny of throwing it more public, or is that TMI about me for most people, especially if I still fear repeated failure? I guess I don't have to decide today.

No comments: