Thursday, February 5, 2009

Going Diva!

So, last night was the first week of my Level 1 DivaFit class. And, just like the intro class I took last month, I loved it! I am definitely hooked. This class was a bit more "technical" than the intro, which was clearly aimed at getting your interest level up, but, although we only learned one spin (the same one from the intro class,) we are going to learn a new one each of the next 8 weeks. Love the music, love the ambiance, love the dance moves, what's not to love about working out in a dark room full of poles with thumping music and a glittery disco ball?! The workout was amazing, too. Since we were learning new moves and talking a lot, I didn't feel like I was working very hard at the time, and an hour FLEW by. However, when I got home and sat down, I realized I had exercised majorly from head to toe. I felt tired, stretched out muscles in my shoulders, back, abs, and legs, and it felt like they were more thoroughly worked than if I was just doing basic moves in the gym. The best part? Swinging and shaking what you've got while hanging on to a pole REALLY makes me want to look and feel my best. I think this will be a good diet motivator. That, and the fact that it will be a lot easier to hang 25% less weight from my fragile, previously injured shoulders! If you're looking for a new way to workout and feel good about yourself, this is it. And when you get to Level 2, you get to do the workouts in high heels, wheeee!

1 comment:

Carla said...

This is really fun, and a great leg and arm workout! I took an intro class as part of a bachelorette party a while back. I loved it - wish there was one closer to me.

Good luck with your goals - I know how hard it can be! :)