Saturday, January 5, 2013

First "Long" Saturday "Run"

Ouch.  Slow, painful, and shorter than planned.  That about sums up my first Saturday morning "long run".  You know, as in any training program, you typically have one long run scheduled a week, and mine is generally going to be on Saturday mornings.  And boy is it going to be a long while before it is either a run, or anywhere close  to long, but I've gotta start somewhere!  I just wish it didn't hurt so much, my ankles are incredibly sore and tight.  But at least my back didn't join the party like it did on my short painful lunchtime walk this week with my turbo-charged boss.  Anyhoo, I planned a long workout, and banged out the best one I could muster.  3 miles, 52 minutes.  Ugh, but it is still good enough and a solid calorie burn!

No comments: