Friday, January 11, 2013

Less Terrible

“Less Terrible” is the almost non-existent diet plan I’ve been following lately. It’s pretty poor, but it’s been about all I can muster thus far, for whatever reason. Basically, I’m trying to eat less horribly than I was, giving in less often then I was, and not making the bad foods as easily accessible to myself. Sometimes I’m logging my food into Weight Watchers, and a couple of times I’ve eeked out a brief workout. Sounds spectacular, doesn’t it? Ha. I’m sure this won’t be the case for long, but I’ve actually made the teensiest bit of progress, believe it or not. Sure it’s probably just water lost by keeping up better with my daily medicines and no longer being on my period, but I’ll take it.

I’ve never been good at the “some” method, which everyone swears by in the long run. All or nothing has been my m.o., and nothing ALWAYS has won. I truly have no delusions that the less terrible plan will be effective for long, but eeking out a smidge of progress makes me want to try the slightest bit harder to eek out a teeny bit more. With any luck, I will build on tiny successes until they’re not as tiny. This is new to me, and mentally quite difficult. But this time, it’s all I’ve got.

No comments: